Most of my interior design projects are home renovations, specifically in the kitchen or bathroom. Previously, I wrote a blog post about Dream Kitchen Must Haves and Trends, here. Now, I am sharing my most requested master bathroom remodel ideas. Consequently, many of these are becoming top bathroom trends for 2021 – 2022.
While I am sure you have heard this before, I will say it again… kitchen and bathroom updates will get you the best return of investment in home renovations and resale value. Many of my clients are asking for master bathrooms without a step into the shower. While this design is seamless and visually pleasing, it does require a trusted, professional contractor for plumbing, floor grading and tile work. In addition, ladies are asking for a ‘foot niche’ to make shaving while standing more accomodating.
Lastly, I always encourage my clients to go with what they love, but choose classic design elements. In general, this includes neutral paint colors like shades of white, taupe or grey. Likewise, marble and marble looking tile or countertops to create a timeless feel. For metallic finishes, go with nickel over chrome, softer golds like champagne over yellow gold and matte over shiny black.
Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas
Get Creative with Tile
- Patterned tile. Mix patterns to create a unique space.
- Colored tile. Create a statement in this space with an accent shower wall.
- Wood looking tile. Use on the wall or the floor or both.
- Large wall tile. Minimize grout lines for a more modern look.
Maximize Storage & Organization
- Built in laundry hampers. Customize cabinetry for functionality.
- Shower shelves. More is better. Go for taller shelves, too.
- Towel bars or hooks. Utilize hidden storage and hooks.
Splurge for Luxury
- No step into showers. Seamless, modern look.
- Large soaking tubs. Perfect for relaxing baths.
- Motorized window shades or blinds. I recommend 3 Day Blinds.
- Foot niche in shower to shave. Ladies, why did it take us so long to think of this?
- Heated floors. Maximum comfort level and actually energy saving.
The Finishing Touch
- Trendiest 2021 finishes. Matte black. Champagne bronze. Brushed nickel.
- Mix & Match Finishes. Faucets, shower heads, cabinet hardware, and lighting do not have to match, but they can.
- Quartz countertops. It’s beautiful, durable and low maintenance.
- Statement lighting. Create a wow factor with a chandelier over the tub. Or, sexy sconces above the vanity.
All of the master bathroom remodel ideas shown in these photos are from recent design projects that I have completed in the Dallas metroplex. Therefore, if you are interested in working with me on your next home renovation or design project, contact me here.
Most importantly, follow me on Instagram for a behind the scene look as an interior designer and shop owner. If you are new here, I own From: Susie, which specializes in handmade, vintage and sustainable home decor with many products made in Texas by artisans and craftsmen.