I’ve got another Fall decor trend for you! I’m seeing many seasonal fruits in decor lately and for this season, figs are my favorite. Figs will bring a touch of color and life to your Fall home decor and you’ll be unique because most people will be using pumpkins and wheat! Fig Stems, just like with any other stems, are a great way to bring the outdoors in. Plus, with fruit you’re also speaking to the sense of taste. So when you see it in your decor, it elicits smell and feelings of nostalgia, too!
These lush and fruitful Fig Stems will break up the common warm Fall colors with the unexpected combination of deep purple along with the detailed emerald green leaves.
Emerald green is ON TREND right now with decor and I love that these fig branches add just enough of this gorgeous color to mix in with Fall.
Another stunning product is our Fruit Tea Towel which features figs next to other beautiful fruits with similar colors. This unique tea towel is made by Honey Brush Design from 100% cotton flour sack. It would look great in your kitchen draped next to the sink or hanging from the oven or cabinet to show off its stunning colors.
Since we love figs so much, here’s a recipe for easy Fig Honey Jam!
Here’s what you need:
- 2 lbs. black mission or brown turkey figs, stemmed and quartered
- 3/4 cup of coconut or granulated
- 1/2 cup honey (or sub with the same amount of sugar)
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place the figs, sugar, honey, and lemon juice in a large sauce pan and heat over medium-high heat, stirring to combine as the sugar melts. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook until thickened, about 45-50 minutes. Be sure to stir the pan often to prevent sticking and/or burning, especially as the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Cool completely.
- Store the jam in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
I’ve got a fig tree in my backyard, so if you need some fresh ones just holler at me!